Photographs

Crossways Road      
Post Office and Crossways House 1936 General view towards St. Luke’s church c.1914 General view towards St. Luke’s church c.1903 Victoria Terrace , Grayshott Terrace and Post Office.  1900
Headley Road      
 View towards St. Luke’s church, property to the right is now The Square Cornish’s Greengrocers, Frost’s Newsagents and Overton Garage in 1924 Co-op, Pitts  fishmongers looking towards Hindhead c.1926 View towards Hindhead c1900, Coxhead’s and Hoy’s ( Woods) are still individual shops at this time
Churches      
 Methodist ( Wesleyan) church, Headley Road late 1960s in its final form Catholic church, Headley Road, 1924  St. Luke’s church and war memorial on the green in its original position 1923, moved to present position 1932 St. Luke’s church c1901 before spire had been added
Transport      
 Aldershot and District Traction Co. Daimler motor ‘bus outside the Fox and Pelican 1914  Sidney Jefferys ‘Grayshott Coaches’ yard Headley Road during the severe winter of 1962/3. The ‘bus ,a Leyland, had started its working life with Ribble Motor Services at Preston in 1940  Former Canadian army Great War Kelly Springfield lorry in use with Chapman, Lowry and Puttick builders. This lorry was kept at their yard in Crossways Road now the car park Prince’s bakers, Headley Road, Ford model ‘T’ van, when new 1915
Fox and Pelican      
 View towards Hindhead.  Hindhead Terrace on right c.1900 View towards Hindhead.  Hindhead Terrace on right c.1900  Original Walter Crane painted sign c.1900 View about 1966, little changed except the motor cars
Scouts and School Groups      
 General view of St. Edmunds school, Boundary Road, about 1906 Grayshott school class 8/9 year olds, standard 3. 1919 Grayshott scouts outside the Village Hall  c.1920 Grayshott scouts at camp Littlehampton 1923
General Interest      
 Grayshott war hospital, 1914 -1918, part of the Cenacle, Headley Road Grayshott  parish council, Diamond Jubilee, Sept. 1962  Horse drawn delivery carts of Mitchell, butcher, Headley Road, c.1910 View from church spire 1910
Shop Fronts and Trades      
 ‘Granny’ Robinson and family outside their shop, Crossways Road, c1928, the first shop in Grayshott Woods, poultry and fishmonger, Headley Road c.1908 Fred. Harris cycle and motor cycle shop Crossways Road c.1927  Whites bakers, Crossways, c.1905
 

Calendar


<< October 2017 >>

S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031       

Search




Bookmark